Last updated: 8 February 2018
Clement Musonda is an engineer from Kishahsa, Democratic Republic of the Congo interested in alternative energy sources. He first became involved with solar cooking in 2010, and has since distributed a number of solar box cookers, and introduced many people to solar cooking.
Other people helping him to promote solar cooking in Africa, and wishing to reduce deforestation and avoid global warming, include Daniel Kadinda, Gaston Kankwende, and Lydia Katuna.
Clement has an interest in solar cooking technology standards, global branding of solar cooking, and consumer rating/certification of solar cookers. His group is also interested in creating relationships with solar cooking partners from the USA and in Europe.
- November 2017: Clement Musonda summarizes several solar cooking projects that have taken place in DRC-Katanga, Zambia, and Zimbabwe. The project in DRC-Katanga began in 2010 with the organization of an NGO to highlight environmental concerns and manufacture solar cookers and food dryers in the town of Kinshasa. The project in Zambia began in 2011 after Clement attended an international natural medicine training in Kafakumba. In 2014 Clement decided to stay in Zambia to help with the project now centralized in Lusaka. Clement also organized a solar box cooker construction workshop with local carpenters in 2016 in Harare, Zimbabwe.
- September 2017: Clement has been building Heliac solar cookers, using an inexpensive fresnel overhead lens. The light is focussed down and reflected back up under the cooktop. Cooks are able to prepare food, and work at a typical counter height.
- May 2016: Clement writes: "Solar project is in Zimbabwe now. I was there in April and ran a training in Harare. Initially, we made five solar box cookers, and our goal is to make more."
- December 2014: Clement has provided a business proposal for his group. It can be seem here: Promotion of the Renewable Energies in Africa - Clement Musonda, Dec. 2014
- November 2014: Clement Musonda reports that he is now also active in Zambia.
Kinshasa, District of Kinshasa, 00243
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Tel.: +243 826298921