The Central Valley Solar Cookers Club is a result of the efforts of Carl Peters, a long time advocate of solar cooking in the Fresno, California area. They meet informally and share their cooking experiences.
- June 21-23, 2013: (Fresno) Central Valley Solar Cookers will be holding a three day solar cooking festival at The Discovery Center in Fresno. This fun and educational festival will start at 5 p.m. Friday (the Summer Solstice) with a concert featuring local bands. There will be music and dancing performers until 10 p.m. There will also be solar science and other educational displays. Saturday will feature solar cooking demonstrations, solar cooked food tasting, local art and crafts for sale and all things solar. If you manufacture solar powered things please consider joining us with informational/sales displays. Sunday will feature a solar cooking contest. This will start at 10 a.m. and have categories for both professional chefs and amateurs. Please come join us to celebrate solar cooking and all things solar. More Information...
- Saturday, March 2, 2013: (Fresno) Central Valley Solar Cookers will be represented with a solar cooking information booth at the Chinese New Years Parade in downtown Fresno.
- Saturday, March 16, 2013: (Clovis) Central Valley Solar Cookers will be presenting a solar cooker building workshop at Dry Creek Park from 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. For more infromation contact Carl Peters.
- See Calendar of events.
Recent news and developmentsEdit
- November 2012: The club continues to be one of the more successful solar cooking clubs in the U.S. This is probably due to the efforts of Ellen and Carl Peters. They now list 144 members of the Central Valley Solar Cookers Club.
Articles in the mediaEdit
- May, 2011: Cooking Fun with the Sun - TasteFresno
Audio and videoEdit
- See Carl Peters.