There is a wide variety of solar cookers available in the marketplace today. Some designs are easy to build yourself with inexpensive materials, and plans can be found at solar cooker plans. Cookers that are available commercially can offer convenience, and are typically constructed from durable materials. Most self-made designs will not be waterproof. Basically, cookers can be divided into three groups: Box, Panel, Parabolic. The table below lists strengths and weaknesses of the most common types. Determine which type of cooker might best suit your requirements. It is always best to buy a cooker from a local source since shipping costs can be very expensive.
Below you will find a gallery of some featured manufacturers and vendors followed by a complete list of such. To see Manufacturers and vendors by country, first choose a country.
Choosing a cooker
Solar Cookers for sale by country
USA featured gallery
- Yancheng Sangli Solar Energy
- Tianjin Lituo Imp & Emp Co.Ltd
- Taida New Energy Equipments Co., Ltd
- Qingdao Lingding New Energy Co., Ltd
- Yancheng Ao Chi New Energy Equipment Manufacturer Co.
- Hi-MIN Solar
- Guangzhou Global Trade Company, Ltd.
China featured gallery
India featured gallery
Australia featured gallery
Belgium featured gallery
Cyprus featured gallery
Germany featured gallery
Portugal featured gallery
Spain featured gallery
- Association pour le Développement de l'Energie Solaire
- Centre Neuchâtelois de Cuisine Solaire
- Förderverein für Solarkocher
Switzerland featured gallery
UK featured gallery
Kenya featured gallery
South Africa featured gallery
Uganda featured gallery
===Other continents and countries not featured above===