Last updated: 4 October 2016
- 16-18 January 2017: 6th SCI World Conference 2017 - Solar Cookers International is organizing the next solar cooking conference to take place at the Muni Seva Ashram in Goraj (near Vadodara), Gujarat. Topics to be addressed include: solar cooking, solar food processing, energy policy, marketing & scaling up, coalition building & entrepreneurship, and solar thermal industrial applications. Applications for abstracts are still being accepted on these topics and others. See a complete list of topics and submittal information. The conference is also seeking corporate sponsorship. There will be optional off-site technology visits and an entrepreneurial workshop scheduled after the conference. See the information below.
- 19-22 January 2017: Supplemental conference site visits: Solar Cooking Technology Tour - A very special four day optional tour has been organized after the conference to give participants real life exposure to an incredible variety of solar power systems located in India. Simple meals and comfortable but modest local accommodations are included in the overall cost of the tour. Conference registration fees do not include site visit expenses. A summary of the site visits itinerary is listed below. Detailed site visit itinerary and registration information
- 19 January: Muni Seva Ashram to Tapi Food Products in Surat. Evening is free for people to visit Surat City. Stay overnight in Surat in a local hotel.
- 20 January: Travel from Surat to Dhule. Visit Dr. Ajay Chandak and stay overnight in Dhule.
- 21 January: Travel from Dhule to Indore. Visit the the Jimmy McGilligan Centre for Sustainable Development and stay overnight in Indore.
- 22 January: Visit Jaivik Setu and the Barli Development Institute for Rural Women in Indore. The tour will end in Indore, India on the 22nd of January. The bus will return to the Ashram by 9 pm on the 22nd of January.
- 19-20 January 2017: Supplemental conference workshop: Social Entrepreneurship Workshop after the conference: (Goraj) - The Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves (GACC) and the Global Social Benefit Institute (GSBI) jointly developed a program that helps prepare social enterprises in the developing world to apply for grants, investments, awards, and capacity development programs. Workshop topics will include the Social Impact Model, target market segmentation, value proposition, marketing, sales, distribution strategy, partnerships, value chains, and growth strategy. The workshop will be held at the Muni Seva Ashram. Details and registration information ...
- See also: Calendar of events
- CONSOLFOOD 2016 (Faro, Portugal)
- SCI Regional Convention - North America 2015 (Sacramento, USA)
- SCInet Solar Cooking Convention 2014 (Sacramento, USA)
- International Solar Food Processing Conference 2009 (Indore, India)
- Solar Cookers and Food Processing International Conference (2006) (Granada, Spain)
2000 - Kimberley, South Africa. "International Conference on Solar Cooking 2000" Sponsor: Dept. of Minerals and Energy, S.A. South Africa Government.
1999 - Varese, Italy. "International Conference on World Solar Cooking and Food Processing - Strategies and Financing" Co sponsors: World Solar Programme and Solar Academy (UNESCO), GTZ, FAST (Italy).
1997 - Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India. "Third International Conference on Solar Cookers - Use and Technology" Co sponsors: Avinashilingam University and Solar Cookers International.
1994 - Heredia, Costa Rica. "Second World Conference on Solar Cookers - Use and Technology" Co sponsors: Universidad Nacional and Solar Cookers International.
1992 - Stockton, California, USA. "First World Conference on Solar Cooking (1992)" Co sponsors: University of the Pacific and Solar (Box) Cookers International.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- [+] Conference papers (2 C, 3 P)
Pages in category "Conferences"
The following 8 pages are in this category, out of 8 total.