Last edited: 10 August 2016
- NEW: 21-23 March 2019: AfriShiners - The AfriShiners 3rd International Workshop is taking place in Eldoret, Kenya. (Unfortunately, registration is full for this event). More information...
- March 2013: Solar cooking promotors at the GACC conference - The Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves sponsored the Clean Cooking Forum 2013 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia from March 18-22, 2013. The solar cooking community and the Solar Cookers World Network is being represented by Crosby Menzies (South Africa), Gabrielle Simbriger-Williams (US), Sanu Kaji Shrestha (Nepal), Scot Frank (US/China), Nguyen Tan Bich (Vietnam), Yasaya (Nigeria), Alex Kee (Malasia), Catlin Powers (US/China), and Julie Greene (USA) took the photo. The group held a solar cooking demonstration, and plan to present a joint presentation on the last day of the conference. The participation by these advocates of solar cooking helps to build the alliance with fuelwood cookstove advocates and helps spread the message of the integrated cooking method.
- June 2010: A pilot project has begun in Tamoung Pha-em, Cambodia to introduce CooKit solar cookers to the local community. Similar to many other regions, residents have relied on wood for cooking. The area once surrounded by jungle, has mostly been turned into palm oil fields, leaving scarce wood for cooking. Families have started to rely on kerosene, or walk long distances to get wood. The project is sponsored by Global Roots, a Washington state non-profit. Patrick Firouzian recently traveled to Tamoung Pha-em with the first cooker to demonstrate it's potential. Dany Pan, a village school teacher, will use the cooker regularly and experiment to adapt local food recipes. Solar cooking pilot starts in the small community of Tamoung Pha-em
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
- Hattha Kaksekar Limited (HKL), a partner of Save the Children
- CREDIT, a partner of World Relief
- MAXIMA Mikroheranhvatho Co., Ltd.
Articles in the media
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors