Last updated: 3 July 2014
This page lists events related to solar cooking throughout the world. To add your event to this page, email event information to email@example.com.
- Renewable Energy for the Developing World is a class offered online by Solar Energy International. The six week course will explore different applications for renewable energy technologies in developing countries. Participants will learn how to successfully accomplish sustainable development projects with renewable energy. Case studies will be presented on solar cooking, rural household electrification, appropriate building technologies, rural health care and micro-enterprises utilizing renewable energy. The next start date is November 10th, 2014. More information.
- Saturday, July 18, 2015: (Sacramento) The 2nd annual Sacramento Solar Cooking Festival will be held once again in William Land Park from 10am - 3pm. The event is free and open to the public. Solar chefs interested in cooking at the festival are required to pre-register, which will begin in May, 2015. Attend mini solar-cooking classes, learn how solar cooking helps families around the world, and learn how to make a solar cooker yourself. Video of the 2014 festival can be seen at: Sacramento Solar Cooking Festival 2014
- March 28-29, 2015: (New Haven) - The twelfth annual Global Health & Innovation Conference will be held at Yale University. The conference convenes 2,200 leaders, changemakers, students, and professionals from all fields of global health, international development, and social entrepreneurship. With attendance from members of many fields of interest, this may be a good opportunity to network solar cooking technology. Unfortunately, by the time we received invitation information, the deadline had passed for abstract submittals. More information...
- Solar Cooker at Cantina West will arrange solar cooking classes and demonstrations throughout Utah and southern Nevada for interested groups. Shade and seating will be provided for the class. More information...
- April 2015: (Dodgeville) An exhibition of Solar Energy Architectonics by Joel Goodman is scheduled at the Iowa County Courthouse (both floor levels), in Dodgeville, Wisconsin, USA for the month of April. Drawings and model photographs will be presented including: the BIETR (building interior evacuated tubes and reflectors) project, building integrated nonimaging reflector troughs (interior and exterior), thru-wall solar cookers, heliostats (2-axis tracking and 1-axis tracking linear Fresnel systems), spherical reflector segment bowls, and thermal storage.