This page lists events related to solar cooking throughout the world. To add to this page, click the "Edit" button above or email event information to email@example.com.
- Renewable Energy for the Developing World is a class offered online by Solar Energy International. The six week course will explore different applications for renewable energy technologies in developing countries. Participants will learn how to successfully accomplish sustainable development projects with renewable energy. Case studies will be presented on solar cooking, rural household electrification, appropriate building technologies, rural health care and micro-enterprises utilizing renewable energy. Start dates include November 4th, 2013, and April 21st, and November 10th, 2014. More information.
- Classes throughout the year (Quito) The Ecuadorian Research and Training Institute (IECAIM), under the direction of Fabiola Cuvi, has scheduled six workshops on solar cooking for 2013, one every two months. These classes are open to the public, and participants of all ages are encouraged to attend. Their objective is to train 180 people this year. For more information contact Fabiola Cuvi.
- Third Saturday each month: (St. George) Solar Cooker at Cantina West offers solar cooking classes the third Saturday of each month at their downtown St. George location, 867 S. Bluff St. More information...
- March 21-23: (Phoenix) PrepperFest AZ Expo. More information...
- June 15 - July 6, 2014: (Livingstone) Greenpop is hosting the third annual Trees for Zambia Festival of Action. Thousands of trees will be planted. The three week festival will also be a gathering place for individuals and organizations to provide workshops that help provide solutions to environmental challenges. Greenpop has sponsored solar cooking programs in the past, and would welcome solar cooking workshops at the festival. Festival participation information..