Last updated: 24 April 2018
The second CONSOLFOOD conference—CONSOLFOOD 2018—took place in Faro, Portugal, on 22nd – 24th January, 2018. It was hosted again by Professor Celestino Ruivo, at the Institute of Engineering, University of the Algarve. Between sixty and eighty people attended the lectures, poster sessions, and a round table discussion about solar thermal food processing over the three-day conference. Twenty-four lectures and fifteen posters were presented. Throughout the conference, there was a large display of diverse solar cooking/drying equipment, and, thanks to sunny weather, most of the food was cooked with solar cookers. Once again, the conference generated an intimate, supportive, “solar family” atmosphere that enabled the participants to swap knowledge and experiences during breaks in the programme.
- November 2017: An updated program for CONSOLFOOD 2018 is now available on the website at http://www.consolfood.org.
- July 2017: The final deadline for submissions to CONSOLFOOD 2018 is now 30 September 2017.
- 22-24 January 2018: (Faro) CONSOLFOOD 2018 is scheduled to take place at the Instituto Superior de Engenharia, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha. This solar cooking conference will include oral sessions, keynote lectures, a round table discussion, and a poster session.
- Performance Testing of a Solar Thermal Fruit Dryer - Ricardo Bernardo & Pia Otte
- A Parabolic Solar Cooking System with Heat Storage for Indoor Cooking (Slides, Paper) - Ndiaga Mbodji & Ali Hajji
- Solar Cooker as Public Furniture, and the Thermal Modeling Involved (Slides, Paper) - Antonio Lecuona-Neumann, et al
- Hot Stones Cooking with an Ultralight Membrane Solar Concentrator (Slides) - Fernando Chacon
- Tamera-FixFocus: Membrane FixFocus Mirror as Multifunctional Solar Power Station (Slides, Abstract) - Jürgen Kleinwächter
- Solar Cookers International Report Recent Gains in Global Solar Cooking - Alan Bigelow, et al
- Heliac Solar Cooker - Sedi Byskov
- Photovoltaic Solar Cooking with Thermal Energy Storage (TES) (Slides, Paper) - Antonio Lecuona-Neumann, et al
- Beam Steering Lens Arrays for Solar Cooking - Håkon J Dugstad Johnsen, et al
- The Development of Solar Dryers, the Cuban Experience for Food Preservation - Boris A. Zaldívar Núñez, et al
- DryEcoMate Horticultural Dehydrator Using Solar Thermal and Photovoltaic Energy - J. Garcia, et al
- Concentrated Solar Thermal Integration into Spice Roasting Industry - Tavish Fenbert
- Father Himalaya Solar Furnaces - Jean-Jacques Serra, et al
- A Comparison of Copenhagen Solar Cookers with Other Similar Sized Solar Cookers (Slides, Paper) - Sharon Clausson
- Challenges in Promoting Solar Cookers in India - Neha Mehta, et al
- Creating Programs to Promote Solar Cooking - Jennifer L. Gasser, et al
- Networking to Advance the Use of Solar Cookers as Educational Tools in the Classroom - Mary Buchenic, et al
- Restaurant Solaire - Le Présage - Pierre-André Aubert
- Solar Concentrator Evoluation in India and Way Ahead - Deepak Gadhia
- The Broken Promise of Solar Cooking? The Case of Goidoubo Refugee Camp - Isabella Troconis
- Short Background Information About the Video Documentary - Pia Otte, et al
- ADES - La Cuisine Solaire - Christian Frost
- Lazola Sheet Metal Solar Box Cookers - Michael Bonke
- Concrete Funnel Solar Cooker: Experiences with Making and Cooking - Jignesh Mehta, Celestino Ruivo
- 10th Grade High School Physics Education via Solar Cooking - Hezi Yizhaq & Daniel Feuermann
- Solar Ovens and Cookers, Powerful Didactic Tool for Green Building (Poster) - Juan Bello Llorente
- Overcoming Obstacles to Solar Cooking in the UK - Dave Oxford and Stewart Maclachlan
- A Comparison of Copenhagen Solar Cookers with Other Similar Sized Solar Cookers - Sharon Clausson
- Purification of Water Using Solar Energy - V. Avinash Reddy, et al
- Soil Pasteurisation - A New Job for Solar Cookers - Dave Oxford, et al
- Thermal Performance Evaluations, Energy Savings, and Payback Periods of a Box-Type Solar Cooker in Ibadan, Nigeria - Ademola K. Aremu, et al
Audio and video
- January 2018:
- January 2018:
- See Celestino Ruivo.