Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Last updated: 16 November 2016
CONSOLFOOD 2016 was held at the Instituto Superior de Engenharia, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha in Faro, Portugal in January 2016.
A round table of presentations was held, and also a poster session. A public demonstration of solar cooking with several types of cookers took place in a central area of the city of Faro. Participants brought their ingredients and solar cookers, and cooked as a group to prepare a solar lunch.
Day One, January 22nd
- Evaluation of Renewable Energy Sources in Africa - Daniel Ayuk Mbi Egbe, ANSOLE e.V. Jena, Germany &, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria
- Solar Cookers in the Antarctic, Solar Restaurants in Desert Areas, Use as Adaptable Solar Dryers - Pedro Serrano – Technical University Federico Santa Maria, Chile
- Evolution of Solar Concentrating Technologies in India, from the domestic community to institutional cooking. New solar concentrator technologies to expand its usage for the food processing industry (process heating, cooling, drying, etc) - Deepak Gadhia, Chief Mentor, EnerSun Power Tech P. Ltd & Trustee of Muni Seva Ashram, India
- Solar Food processing in Eastern Africa - a Summary - Bernhard Müller, Natural Resources and Waste Management Alliance, Kenya
- Sustainable Development by Integrating Use of Solar Cookers for Organic Products - Janak Palta McGilligan, Jimmy McGilligan Centre For Sustainable Development, India
- The Science Behind Solar Cookers: A Good Didactic Approach - Juan Bello LLorente, Centro Integrado de Formación Profesional SOMESO, Spain
- Durability of Solar Cooking Tubes - some field trials and observations (Abstract - Field and Destructive Testing of Solar Vacuum Tube Cookers) - Stewart MacLachlan/Dave Oxford, SLiCK Solar Stove, United Kingdom
- SunCook, From Plastic to Cork - Manuel Collares Pereira, University of Évora, Portugal
Day Two, January 23nd
- Mediterrainean Diet - past present, and future of solar food processing - Nídia Braz, Solar food processing in Mediterranean Algarve (Abstract)- Nídia Braz, University of Algarve, Portugal
- Key Disruptors for the 21st Century - Julie Greene, Solar Cookers International, USA
- Linking Solar Food Producers with an International Market - Rolf Behringer, Solare Zunkunft e.V., Germany
- Solar Cooking with Heat Storage: Experiments using PCM and figures of merits for solar cookers - António Lecuona, Solar Cooking with Heat Storage: Experiments using PCM and figures of merits for solar cookers (Abstract) António Lecuona, University of Carlos III-Madrid, Spain
- High precision membrane solar concentrators Daniel Müller, Tamera, Portugal
- Case Study of Food Processing Factory Using Solar Concentrators - Ghanshyam Lukhi, Tapi Foods, India
- Concrete Funnel Cooker: Useful permanent outside device for slow cooking - Celestino Ruivo, University of Algarve, Portugal
- Peter Haastrup presents the Kenya Village Project at the University of Algarve -Peter Haastrup , Ryerson University, Canada
- P1: Reconstruction of the First Solar Furnace built by Father Himilaya Description, Modeling, and Perspectives - A. Darbon, R. Le Gall, A. Sanchez, J-J. Serra; Father Himalaya Friends Association,
- P2: Extension of Shelf Life of Fruits and Vegetables by Solar Thermal Drying with High Solar Fraction in Temperate Climates - Sonnenobst
- P3: Solar Cooking in South Brazil: Dissemination and Barriers - Elmo Dutra
- P4: Necessary Developments in Solar Cookers to Make Them More Popular - Ashok Kundapur
- P7: Suara Yatra - Our Reflections on Solar-Thermal Applications - James Dean Conklin, Alan Bigelow, Andrew Mattina, Solar Punch
- P8: Efficient cookstoves & cooking energy for healthier living - GIZ
- P8: GIZ ten conditions for successful solar cooking adoption - Dorthea Otremba (GIZ)
- P9: Status of Solar Cooking in Southern Africa - Crosby Menzies, SunFire Solutions
- P10: The Behavior of Steam Inside a Vacuum Evacuated Tube - Faustine Odaba, NAREWAMA
- P11: Solar kitchen live sessions - a tool for sharing the latest in solar technology for cooking - Alejandra Blanco, Francisco Javier Macías, – Solar Show Cooking, Spain
- P15: Three Million Solar Cookers Worldwide Impacting Over Eleven Million People - Caitlyn Hughes, Julie Greene, Solar Cookers International
- See Celestino Ruivo.