In their home country of France, Bolivia Inti-Sud Soleil has programs for school age children centered around solar cooking.
- Saturday, November 5, 2011: (Nantes) In the context of the 2011: International Year of Forests, declared by the General Assembly of the United Nations, intended to increase public awareness of the importance of sustainable management and conservation of forests, French NGO Bolivia Inti-Sud Soleil (BISS) has organized a national conference about the deforestation struggle in Africa. It will take place at the Hotel de Région des Pays de la Loire from 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Registration and program information...
News and recent developments
- October 2011: Bolivia Inti-Sud Soleil reports they have distributed more than 20,000 ecological appliances since 2000. From these 20,000, 14,000 are solar cookers, mainly distributed in the South American countries of Peru, Bolivia, Chile, and Argentina, and 5,000 Rocket stoves distributed in the African countries of Benin, Chad, and Guinea as well as in the South American countries. Bolivia Inti-Sud Soleil has also distributed fireless cookers, solar dryers and solar showers.
- August 2011 : The solar cookers project conducted by Bolivia Inti-Sud Soleil in Bolivia has been registered par the [Gold Standard]. It is only the second project of solar cookers in the world registered by the Gold Standard.
- May 2011: Solar Household Energy(SHE) was commissioned to test acceptance of the HotPot solar oven in the Gaga refugee camp in eastern Chad. It shelters 20,000 people from Darfur in Western Sudan. Patrick Fourrier, a French solar cooking expert affiliated with Bolivia Inti Sud Soleil, completed the first phase of the project last month. He will also ensure that local support systems set in place to encourage continued use of the solar ovens are working effectively. Read more in the SHE spring update 2011.
- August 2010: Project News: Bolivia - Peru Solar Cook Stoves - actioncarbone.org
- May 2009: National Sun Day on the 8th of May 2009, event organized by Bolivia Inti-Sud Soleil in all France
- May 2008: Grenelle de la cuisson solaire et écologique - Organisé par Bolivia Inti-Sud Soleil en partenariat avec le CPIE Loire Océane du Pouliguen. Robert Chiron, le chef de cuisine, et son équipe de Bolivia Inti–Sud Soleil ont le plaisir de vous inviter à participer à ces deux journées festives et plus particulièrement à l’inauguration programmée le 8 mai à 12h00 dans le jardin jouxtant le CPIE Loire Océane au Pouliguen (France).
- April 2006: Under the auspices of the French NGO Bolivia Inti, alternative energy experts David Whitfield and Ruth Whitfield introduced solar cooking to many villages in Bolivia between 2001 and 2003. After demonstrating solar cookers in public forums, they then trained those people expressing interest in how to make and use solar cookers. Research was conducted in the central highlands of Bolivia in 2005 to assess the continuing impacts of solar cooking on participants of these solar cooking courses conducted by the Whitfields. The researcher, Chris Pell of the University College London, interviewed 170 people with and without solar cookers to determine whether their use affected household fuel consumption. The data showed that 92.7% of the solar cooking course participants continue to use their solar cooker three to five years after the course ended. In fact, 62.4% of all participants use their solar cooker at least once a day during the dry season, demonstrating a lifestyle change that incorporates solar cooking into their daily lives. The solar cooker now supplements their other energy sources: gas, wood, or a combination of gas and wood.
Audio and video
|October 2007: Stage de cuisson solaire a Retamo, Inti llapu, Alto del Carmen, Chile|
- Ecological cooker workshops 2009
- Actes du colloque 2005, cuisson écologique en Afrique
- Solar Cook Book: Du Soleil dans mon assiette
Bolivia Inti-Sud Soleil
18 rue Gaëtan Rondeau
Tel: +33 02 51 86 04 04