Most significant solar cooking projects
- 85,000 refugees from Bhutan have solar cooked their meals in Nepal - The Vajra Foundation Holland (Stichting Vajra) has worked in the Bhutanese refugee camps in Nepal since 1995 to bring solar cooking and heat-retention cooking to the refugees there. By 2013 some 85,000 refugees were cooking their meals using these methods. The on-the-ground work is done by Vajra Foundation Nepal and financing is provided by the Dutch Lottery and the Dutch NGO Stichting Vluchteling.
- See other Most significant solar cooking projects worldwide.
News and Recent Developments
Climate, Culture, and Special Considerations
Audio and video
- Nepal (For information on solar cooking projects in the refugee camps there for Bhutanese refugees)
- Solar power in South Asia
Articles in the media
- February 2008: Bhutanese refugees in Nepal have a new way to prepare meals, without firewood, kerosene or the risk of smoke inhalation - the solar cooker. - Ode Magazine
Non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
Manufacturers and vendors