Armando Herculano of Portugal reports that he leads solar cooking demonstrations and workshops for schools, nongovernmental organizations, and local agencies. He works with Amigos do Mindelo (Mindelo Friends), a Portuguese NGO from Vila do Conde town. He recently designed a panel-type solar cooker called Girassol.
News and recent developments
- June 2010 Manor Primary School Meals in the second and third cycle (EB2, 3) of the Vilar de Andorinhode Andorinho - Vila Nova de Gaia,Portugal. All stoves were made by students in the school of business professor Paula Carneiro, with my collaboration. This project was conducted with the support of "Ciência Viva" (Living Science) - National Foundation for Scientific and Technological Culture.
- October 2008 Workshop of Construction of Solar Ovens 3 and 4 October Workshop of Construction of Solar Ovens 3 and 4 October in Centre of Monitoring and Environmental Interpretation of link title Vila do Conde.
- March 2006: Armando Herculano reports that he leads solar cooking demonstrations and workshops for schools, nongovernmental organizations, and local agencies. He recently designed a panel-type solar cooker called Girassol (“sun flower”). Its pentagonal shape eliminates the need to reorient the cooker to track the sun’s movement. With teacher friend António Serafim, Armando Herculano introduced the solar cooker to classes at National University of East Timor. This event was covered in local newspapers as well as on television.
- Armando Herculano's YouTube channel
- A large collection of photographs covering Armando's solar cooking project in East Timor
- School participation on the portuguese Himalaya Priest contest 2004
- A photo collection showing the traineeships in the Summer 2007 - Construction of Solar Stoves of Low Cost - ISEP - pupils of the 10th one to the 12th year.
- Workshop of Solar Stoves carried out in the ISEP - Superior Institute of Engineering of Oporto, with solar 'banquet'. 27. Jul.07
- Workshop of Solar Stoves carried out in the CMIA. 3,4. Oct. 08
- Three articles published in the newspaper "SEMANÁRIO" of East Timor:
Vila do Conde