News and recent developments
- July 2013: As of July 22, 2013, Roger Bernard, Lyon, France, authorized Alex Kee of Johor Bahru, Malaysia, to manufacture and distribute the solar cooking unit Primrose.
- January 2011: the SaVeTaO is already in commercial production and sales.
- May 2008: Alex Kee wins National Energy Globe Award for Malaysia
- April 2008: Boiling Water With the Sun - The Star Online
- September 2007: IT Man Invents Solar Oven - The STAR (Malaysia)
- July 2006: THE SOLAR KETTLE-THERMOS FLASK: - Alex Kee
- March 2006: IT Man Invents Solar Kettle: Interview with The STAR Newspaper, Malaysia or here
Coming Soon...the SaVeTaO, the Solar Vacuum Tube Oven: a big diameter SK-TF that makes baking, cooking and autoclaving practical and viable, the ultimate PerSiST (Personal Solar Survival Tube) that will outlast the last drop of conventional fuel, so long as the Sun still Shines!
The SaVeTaO has a Outer Diameter/Inner Diameter dimension of 120mm/100mm, a good close to 4 inches diameter opening, that comfortably allows access to a full hand with great ease vis-a-vis the mere OD/ID of just 58mm/47mm of the current SK-TF.
The SaVeTaO can double up as a Tandoor Oven to bake Nan as well as to cook Pizza, because the stagnating temperature is a good 220C!
Watch this space for further exciting developments of the SaVeTaO!
Audio and video
- Solar Kettle-Thermos Flask
- Granada 2006 conference paper: The Solar Kettle-Thermos Flask: A Cost Effective, Sustainable & Renewable Water Pasteurization System for the Developing World
- May 2008: Technical Data of Solar Device: - Alex Kee